Brighter Planet's 350 challenge Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(used with permission from Jordanne Dervais)

Counting it down, are you prepared??

Friday, May 27, 2011

Kimchi: take 2

I tweeked my normal recipe to include less salt and threw in some broccoli to make a 2nd full jar.  We will see how that turns out in about a week.  Looks good though, i just hope there is enough liquid in the jars for them to properly ferment.


(left: regular kimchi, right: broccoli kimchi)

I have to say, i kinda like fermenting over canning at the moment, no boiling water, the jars arent required to be sterilized, its a LOT less effort.  Not sure what types of veggies would ferment ok, but I have heard of apples and onions together and squash & pumpkin together.  May try this with squash and onions.

I will keep you updated with what combos I try and how I succeed or how I bomb.

 Until then, happy Homesteading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment