Brighter Planet's 350 challenge Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(used with permission from Jordanne Dervais)

Counting it down, are you prepared??

Monday, May 23, 2011

ugh....

Apparently the Powers that Be have decided my garden isnt going to do well this year.  I got my pepper plants in the ground, only to go outside an hour later to see that my chicken had eaten all th leaves off the plants.  They aren't dead, but really?!

Also, this morning, my 2 year old thought it would be helpful to pick the "green strawberry" (my tomato that was still growing) off the plant and bring it to me.  I just can't win.

On a happier note, I think we are finally getting drier weather so I can finally start hanging the laundry again.  I have hated having to use the dryer, I can always tel a difference in the utility bill and it makes the kitchen sooooo  hot.

In the process of gathering materials for a woodstove for the patio.  It would be nice to do more cooking outside to keep the heat out of the house.  Also looking into plans for a homemade solar oven.

1 comment:

  1. It'll be okay honey, I bet you'll have more food then you know what do with by the end of summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete